Building Engineer (UNO Research & Technology Foundation)
UNO Research and Technology Foundation, a non-profit organization, is adding a Building Engineer to the team! This position will perform safe and effective technical repairs and maintenance of physical structures, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, heating, cooling, and ventilation equipment in large buildings and multi-building complexes requiring total HVAC of 20 up to 200 tons or more at The Beach and other Foundation properties.
To be successful in this position, a candidate will need:
- Three years of experience in the building construction trades or in general construction or maintenance, repair and upkeep of buildings and facilities.
- A high school diploma (or GED) and/or related Technical School education.
- An active Stationary Engineer’s License (Second Class-Air Conditioning) from the City of New Orleans.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, and current vehicle insurance.
- Knowledge of building maintenance techniques in a wide variety of crafts such as electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, carpentry, sheet metal, plastering and painting.
- Thorough familiarity with the operation and maintenance of high- and low-pressure boilers and electrical and gas air conditioning systems.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints and manufacturer’s operating and maintenance instructions.
- Capability of making decisions under emergency conditions such as power loss, equipment failure or fire and natural disasters.
What candidate should know:
- This position offers competitive compensation and is eligible for benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurances as well as 401k participation.
- This position will require the ability to be on call and to work any shift, weekends and holidays, if necessary as well as availability to be on call 24/7.
- This position will require passing of pre-employment testing, including a background check and drug screening.
Please send resumés to JobsRTF@unofoundation.org with subject Building Engineer